When life throws you limes, like it did me over the weekend, zest and juice those babys’ to make the best lime and coconut cake you can make!
1) I started off by using a coconut cake mix that I bought from my local supermarket. If you would like to make your own from scratch, you can, by using a classic vanilla cake recipe and substituting the vanilla essence for coconut essence, which works just as well.
3) As the cake was cooling I quickly made a lime and sugar syrup to drizzle over the cake to give it a moist texture, and to enhance the lime flavour. (Recipe card to follow soon). Once cooled, I drizzled it over the cake and let it soak through.
4) I prepared a buttercream recipe with 1kg icing sugar and 400g butter and milk as needed to make the desired texture buttercream. Once prepared, I set aside a bowl with 3 tblsp of buttercream to colour with green food colouring.
5) I covered the cake with the buttercream icing, and smoothed the sides the best I could, with a cake smoother. I then dabbed some green buttercream around the cake, and smoothed the cake with the smoother again to get the following look:
6) I then made a white chocolate ganache for the drip effect and applied that to the top and sides of the cake.
7) Then… For the decorations, I used toasted coconut, white chocolate shards (with coconut and lime zest), white chocolate and coconut truffles, and candied limes.
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx