The chocolate sail has become a popular decoration for dripping cakes of late, and is fairly easy to make. In this blog I will show you how I made a gold, textured sail… here’s #howididit
1) Melt a packet of white chocolate buttons
2) Pour approximately 2 tblsp of the melted chocolate onto a piece of baking paper
3) Spread the chocolate over the baking paper evenly as shown in the video attached below
Tip: you can create a wave texture using a fork at this point as in the picture below:
4) Using clothing pegs, peg the corners of the baking paper, in whatever shape you like
Tip: it was at this point that I drizzled extra white chocolate over the sail to give it some texture:
5) Put the chocolate into the fridge to set. The chocolate is ready, when it easily peels away from the baking paper without breaking.
Tip: If you have warm hands, the chocolate might melt as you handle it… work quickly, and if you are brave enough, you can give your hands an ice bath before starting.
6) Once the sail is peeled from the baking paper, you can either leave it to use on the cake as is, or, you can paint the sail with lustre dust as I’ve done in the video.
-Music: Royalty free: Success is near 2015PremiumTraX (purchased through iTunes)
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : email@example.com
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx