Mr 2 has just become a big brother! To help him get involved in welcoming his little sister home, I decided that I would make him a gift of an edible puzzle, announcing the arrival of his sweet baby sister 💕
It turns out that Mr 2 currently likes the tv show “Hey Duggee”. I drew inspiration from the character sets and came up with the cookies you will see below!
1) I made a sugar cookie dough:
- Cream 200g of softened butter with 200g of caster sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add to the mixture 1 beaten egg and mix well.
- Add a tsp of vanilla
- Add in 400g of sifted plain flour, and mix to form a cookie dough.
- Allow the dough to rest, and heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once rested, roll out the dough and cut into required shapes.
- Place the cut cookie dough onto lined baking sheets and then bake until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool, and then package as required.
2) Once chilled, I rolled out the dough and placed the puzzle template onto the dough.
4) Then I cut the individual puzzle pieces and labeled them.
5) Using each puzzle piece, I cut the dough to make the puzzle
6) Once cut, I placed the pieces onto a baking tray and baked them till golden brown.
8) Once cooled, I stuck the fondant pieces onto their matching cookie pieces using edible glue.
9) I then smoothed the fondant with a smoother and let it dry.
11) I added some sparkle in true Nazzy Baker fashion, and Voila!!! The puzzle was done!
I’m yet to see Mr 2’s reaction, by I have my fingers crossed that he likes his gift. 😬
You can make puzzle cookies for a variety of gifts… follow me to see what other uses I have for this cool puzzle template 💕
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : email@example.com
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx