With Eid coming up again soon, I was experimenting with ingredients over the weekend. With pantry staples, and a bag of pitted dates, I was able to come up with the following recipe. These cookies were so easy to make, and not too costly either 👏🏽
They could be packaged individually as a gift for your friends or family, or, you could make a quick batch to serve with tea or coffee. Give them a go 💕
200g caster sugar
200g softened butter
1 beaten egg
1tsp coconut essence
50g desiccated coconut
1/2 a cup of pitted and chopped dates
- Cream the softened butter with the caster sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add to the mixture 1 beaten egg and mix well.
- Add a tsp of coconut essence
- Add in the sifted plain flour, desiccated coconut and chopped dates and mix to form a cookie dough.
- Allow the dough to rest, and heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once rested, roll out the dough and cut into required shapes.
- Place the cut cookie dough onto lined baking sheets and then bake until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool, and then decorate and package as required.
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx