This cake idea came to me as I was preparing for a 12 hour road trip – impeccable timing as always! Procrasti-packing is what I like to call it 🙂
With little time, and the most basic of pantry baking staples, I set myself a challenge to bake this cake in as little time as possible, while ensuring that the house stayed clean and tidy. Wishful thinking right?
Wrong! This cake took me 4.5 hours from start to finish and I had time to clean and tidy up between each stage! If you follow me on Instagram, my story showed the progress updates, and the Series of challenges I ran into along the way.
Here’s how I did it:
1) I started off with some caramel mud cake batter (enough for four different sized tins – I used an 8″, 7″, 5″, and 2″).
* if you want a better shaped tree, use the following tins 8″,7″,6″,5″,4″,3″ and 2″.
3) Once the cakes were cooked (45mins) I set them into a baking rack to cool
4) when cooled, I stacked the cakes and used a plastic dowel support to keep the cakes in shape and steady while I dirty iced the cakes with caramel flavoured buttercream
5) After I dirty iced the cake, and chilled it in the fridge to firm up, I then coloured the caramel flavoured buttercream green using (forest green and mint green) and piped the icing onto the cake using a “grass tip”
6) Once the cake was covered in green foliage, it was time for me to add some decorations and Christmas detail. For this, I used fondant, ribbon, edible glitter, and a star cupcake topper.
I also found some foam cubes from a cake I had made earlier in the year and covered them with wrapping paper and ribbon.
I gave this cake to Lulu and LaiLai’s school for all the staff and students to share to celebrate the holiday season.
Best part of having an edible Christmas tree 🎄 is that there’s no worries about packing and storing it for next year 😜
Here’s wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas! Stay safe and enjoy every minute ❤️
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : email@example.com
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx