60 ml cold water
180ml boiling water
1 egg white
a pinch of cream of tartar
400g caster sugar
6 Lotus biscoff biscuits crushed
2 tsp butter popcorn essence
1/2 cup of sweet and salty popcorn crushed
Desiccated coconut to dust marshmallows with
- Add the gelatine to the cold water, and allow it to bloom.
- Add the boiling water to the gelatine, and mix well until dissolved.
- Pour gelatine mixture into a bowl, and add the egg white, cream of tartar, essence, and caster sugar.
- Mix on high speed for 15 – 20 mins, until the mixture is white, airy, and almost double in size.
- Pour the mixture into a greased square tin, and allow to set for a few hours.
- Mix the crushed biscuits, popcorn and desiccated coconut in a separate bowl, and set aside.
- Once set, cut the marshmallows into squares, and dust with the coconut, biscuit and popcorn mixture, until well coated.