Did you know that washing your hands is a very effective way to reduce the spread of germs that cause infection?
Follow these simple hand washing steps to ensure that your hands are clean before you handle food in the kitchen. A good length of time for each hand washing session is approximately 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands with warm water
- Apply Soap
- Rub palms together (away from the water)
- Rub fingers and thumbs and the bits in between
- Rub nails on palms
- Rub the back of your hands with soap
- Rinse your hands
- Dry your hands with a paper towel
- Discard the paper towel in the rubbish bin
Try making up your own hand washing song while you follow the steps above to make hand washing a fun exercise.
Make your own hand soaps with Lulu and Lailai:
Plastic egg molds, toys to fit in the egg cavity, plastic syringe, clear hand soap
4 tblsp gelatin powder
60 ml cold water
180 ml boiling water
- Mix gelatin with the cold water until combined. Dissolve in the boiled water. Add the liquid hand soap, and any colors or scents you wish to add.
- Add a toy to the center of each egg (*optional). Close the egg properly. Tape the center of the egg molds and any holes securely. Leave one hole open, and using a syringe, add the gelatin mixture to the mold through the hole. Tape up the remaining hole, and place the filled eggs into the fridge till set.
- Once set, un-tape the eggs and carefully remove the Jelly soaps.
- Store soaps in an airtight container in a cool area.