250 g softened salted butter
60 g pure icing sugar sifted
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
60 g custard powder
1 – 2 drops passion fruit extract/ food flavouring
100 g softened salted butter
120 g pure icing sugar sifted
2 tblsp passion fruit pulp
1 drop passion fruit extract
- Cream 250g butter with 60g pure icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the custard powder and continue to mix with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add in the plain flour and mix to combine and form a soft dough.
- Roll teaspoon amounts of dough into a ball, and place onto a lined biscuit tray. Flatten each dough ball with the back of a fork to make a pattern.
- Bake the biscuits in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celcius, until slightly golden.
- Allow the biscuits to cool.
- Prepare the filling, by creaming the 120g pure icing sugar, with 100g butter until well combined, light and fluffy. Next add in the passion fruit pulp and extract, and mix in well.
- Once the cookies are cooled, pipe some of the icing mixture onto the inside of one biscuit, and then sandwich the mixture with another cookie.
- Once all the cookies are filled and sandwiched, dust a bit of icing sugar over them and serve with a cup of tea or coffee.