60 ml cold water
180ml boiling water
1 egg white
a pinch of cream of tartar
400g caster sugar
2 tblsp rose water
1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- Add the gelatine to the cold water, and allow it to bloom.
- Add the boiling water to the gelatine, and mix well until dissolved.
- Pour gelatine mixture into a bowl, and add the egg white, cream of tartar, rose water, and caster sugar.
- Mix on high speed for 15 – 20 mins, until the mixture is white, airy, and almost double in size.
- Pour the mixture into a greased square tin, and allow to set for a few hours.
- Once set, cut the marshmallows into squares, and roll each square into a mixture of desiccated coconut and crushed pistachios.