250 g butter, softened
½ cup caster sugar
3 cups plain flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and caster sugar, until pale in colour and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla essence, and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour, a little at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Once the dough had formed, shape it into a ball, and place it in the fridge for 30 mins till firm.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper, and cut into shapes using a cookie cutter of your choice. Or, roll tsp sized bits into a ball, and flaten with the bottom of a fork (as in the picture).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius until golden brown.
- Decorate your cookies with a dusting of icing sugar, or, cover in fondant or royal icing.