Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums and mother figures out there. I hope you have all had a wonderful day, and that you were treated like the Queens that you all are!
Last weekend, I visited The Macadamia Castle which is located between Byron Bay and Ballina In Knockrow NSW. Our little family, drive between Brisbane and Sydney several times a year, and we have become quite fond of a few stops along the way. The Macadamia Castle being one of them.
This year I decided to incorporate our road trip stops into my baking blogs, as they have been a tremendous source of inspiration for both myself and my family.
With the Pacific Highway upgrades, people tend to miss out on some of the wonders little townships have to offer, and so I am hoping my new little project “On the road with Nazzy Baker”, will inspire you to stop by these places and discover what they have to offer.
I walked out of the Macadamia Castle last Friday with a big bag of goodies and a whole heap of “bakespiration”.
The first recipe I thought I would try is a recipe for my mothers day Honey, Coconut Macadamia cookies. #hereshowididit
1) Cream 200g of softened butter with 200g of caster sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2) Add to the mixture 1 beaten egg and mix well.
3) Add a tsp of coconut essence and 1tblsp honey. (You can adjust these measurements to suit your taste)
4) Add in some chopped macadamias. I added some chopped coconut and honey flavoured macadamias, however you can use plain unsalted nuts too.
5) Add in 400g of sifted plain flour, and mix to form a cookie dough.
6) Allow the dough to rest, and heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
7) Once rested, roll out the dough and cut into required shapes. I chose hearts to show my love on Mother’s Day.
8) Place the cut cookie dough onto lined baking sheets and then bake until golden brown.
9) Allow the cookies to cool, and then package as required.
Here’s a picture of my gift :
I hope you have enjoyed this post:)
For behind the scenes baking stories, follow me on Instagram and Facebook ✌🏽
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
If you do happen to try this recipe, please share your thoughts with me 😊
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx